R.H.L.S. was formed by a small group of model engineers who decided they would like to operate their own track. Some of the founding members are still actively involved in the club and have been a driving force which has brought the club to the extensive facility that we all enjoy today. Through subscriptions, donations and not a little hard work over the past years, our track site, just north of Ballantrae, has been developed into the best facility in Ontario.
We have 3 gauges of track.
3 1/2″ & 4 3/4″ gauges run on another track we call “The High Line”. The engines are powered by steam generated by burning coal. Some are battery powered electric engines and can pull several children or two or three adults.
7 1/4″ gauge is on a “Ground Level” track. We have steam, electric & diesel powered engines which are capable of pulling 10 to 20 adults. This track is approximately 1800′ long.
The whole site is situated in trees on a 3 3/4 acre lot on the southwest corner of St. John’s Side Road and McCowan.
No Records Found
Sorry, no records were found. Please adjust your search criteria and try again.